- This Week’s Mobility Project
Hip external rotation
- Athlete of the Month
Stay tuned for our coach-voted athlete spotlight for July! It could be you 🙂
- August On-ramp
Starts Aug. 4 Tues/Thurs/Sat
- Team WOD
Monday, Aug. 3 en lieu regular classes.
This is our final weeks of the May, June, July cycle which means… Benchmark time!
Monday: (Gymnastic), back squat testing, “Helen”
Tuesday: Max power snatch, max dips/push ups, “Badger”
Wednesday: skill work, test 500m row, 3RFT metcon
BB Club: Squat snatch + snatch pull + back squats
Thursday: (power clean), max thruster, 4 rounds for time
Friday: Strict press test, HSPU test/work, ladder metcon
Saturday: (snatch) front squat test, “Baseline” (double baseline”
Sunday: Barbell Club – Snatch & Clean & Jerk + Open Gym 12:00-2:00pm
Open gym: come in to work on skills or make up a workout you missed. Let’s have some fun!
- Now scheduling for our August on-ramp, spread the word! Tues & Thurs 7-8pm
The Mobility Project
- Our goal is to help you move better – safer, more efficiently and more effectively – both the gym and out in real life. With that in mind, we are undertaking a new initiative the takes warm-ups, movement preparation and post-workout pre-hab to the next level. Along with daily warm-ups and mobility drills along with some post-workout work and a weekly mobility/modality target area and progressive work.
- “these exercises are designed to get the correct muscles and positions primed to produce efficient and safe movement patterns, take your time with them, discuss them with your coach and do them as high quality as possible to reap as much benefit as you can from these simple yet ever so effective movements” – Coach Matt.
Fun Features in WODIFY
- Athlete Performance: Enter your results in ‘Athlete Performance’ and track your progress, percentages, etc.
- Whiteboard: visit the ‘whiteboard’ to view scores of yourself and fellow members from current or previous days. A great way to see how others are doing and what comments they had.
- Leader board: view ‘leader board’ for top PRs and scores for lifts, benchmark workouts, etc.
Enter you performance right at the kiosk, front desk, smart phone or when you get home. We’d love to see your progress and comments. Even better, we’d like to know your goals! Let your coach know next time you’re in or drop us an email.