- Next ON RAMP starts Mar. 1
Our next ON-RAMP (month long intro program) starts March 1 and has room available – limited class space. Email, message us ASAP to reserve your spot. TUES/THUR 7pm or SAT 1-2pm – Tag a friend and bring them down!
- Coaching Update: Michelle & Jenna start shadowing
As you may know, both Michelle and Jenna will be taking their CF Level 1 Certification Mar. 19 & 20th!In preparation for this, they will be shadowing our coaches/classes starting next week. They will be there to assist you and the coach with warm-ups, movement prep, etc. throughout class; as well as learn the ins and outs of coaching and managing the fun and productive class setting you’re used to at CFC!
We have high expectations for both Michelle and Jenna, who come to us with extensive collegiate level experience being coached as athletes and even as being coaches themselves outside of CrossFit in other sports.
We would also love to hear your feedback on how they do throughout the process, anything they bring to the CFC atmosphere and as well anything you would like to see us/them work on to make the CFC experience the best it can be.
The CFC Coaching Team
- Sign up with CFC for the 2016 CrossFit Open!
This is the first year CFC has a registered CF Open Team, so sign up! We’ll be doing the workouts in class each week but if you want to get in on our leaderboard, sign up online $20 USD. 5 week, 5 workouts! Story of the Open https://youtu.be/skUxFsTzZ4Q
- Team Count: 15 signed up
- Team Page: http://games.crossfit.com/team/8779
Week of February 21
Monday: Cleans, conditioning for-time metcon
Tuesday: Jerks, 10min AMRAP
Wednesday: Kettle-bell skill work, EMOTM benchmark
BB Club 07: snatch complex, SGDL, back squat + accessory work
Thursday: Back squats, rowing & wall ball metcon
Friday: Bench press, strict gymnastic work, EMOTM metcon
Saturday: Front squats, CF Open 16.1 (TBA)
Sunday: BB Club + Open Gym 10-11am – come in for skill work or make up a workout you missed this week. Let’s have some fun!
BB Club 08: Hang power cleans, split jerk, front squat + accessory work
- Now scheduling for our next on-ramp, spread the word!
Fun Features in WODIFY
- Athlete Performance: Enter your results in ‘Athlete Performance’ and track your progress, percentages, etc.
- Whiteboard: visit the ‘whiteboard’ to view scores of yourself and fellow members from current or previous days. A great way to see how others are doing and what comments they had.
- Leader board: view ‘leader board’ for top PRs and scores for lifts, benchmark workouts, etc.
Enter you performance right at the kiosk, front desk, smart phone or when you get home. We’d love to see your progress and comments. Even better, we’d like to know your goals! Let your coach know next time you’re in or drop us an email.
The Mobility Project
- Our goal is to help you move better – safer, more efficiently and more effectively – both the gym and out in real life. With that in mind, we are undertaking a new initiative the takes warm-ups, movement preparation and post-workout pre-hab to the next level. Along with daily warm-ups and mobility drills along with some post-workout work and a weekly mobility/modality target area and progressive work.
- “these exercises are designed to get the correct muscles and positions primed to produce efficient and safe movement patterns, take your time with them, discuss them with your coach and do them as high quality as possible to reap as much benefit as you can from these simple yet ever so effective movements” – Coach Matt.