- Athlete of the Month: October
Congrats to ROSIE GUPTA, blog coming this week!
- November On-Ramp has started
ON-RAMP (intro) started Nov. 3 on Tues/Thurs evenings + Sat at 1-2pm, plus we’ll have a on-rampers dropping in at 4pm and 7pm to add some flexibility and better integrate them into regular classes along the way.
- T-shirt & Hoodie Pre-Order (last call)
Last call for LIVING THE DREAM apparel pre-orders. Email us size and colour!
- Student Discount & CFC Referral Programs
Cash credit for every member you refer. Ask a coach or email us for details!
Week of Nov.9
Monday: (snatch) front squats, bear complex
Tuesday: (gymnastics), bench press, AMRAP metcon
Wednesday: “Heavy” thruster, Canadian Hero WOD
BB Club: cancelled, en lieu of 5pm, 6pm, 7pm classes
Thursday: (front squat) snatch, AMRAP
Friday: (gymnastics) jerk, 4 rounds for time metcon
Saturday: (cleans) front squats, chipper metcon
Sunday: BB Club + Open Gym 12:00-2:00pm – come in for skill work or make up a workout you missed this week. Let’s have some fun!
BB Club: snatch complex, high hang snatch, snatch pulls, back squats + accessory work
- Now scheduling for our next on-ramp, spread the word!
The Mobility Project
- Our goal is to help you move better – safer, more efficiently and more effectively – both the gym and out in real life. With that in mind, we are undertaking a new initiative the takes warm-ups, movement preparation and post-workout pre-hab to the next level. Along with daily warm-ups and mobility drills along with some post-workout work and a weekly mobility/modality target area and progressive work.
- “these exercises are designed to get the correct muscles and positions primed to produce efficient and safe movement patterns, take your time with them, discuss them with your coach and do them as high quality as possible to reap as much benefit as you can from these simple yet ever so effective movements” – Coach Matt.
Fun Features in WODIFY
- Athlete Performance: Enter your results in ‘Athlete Performance’ and track your progress, percentages, etc.
- Whiteboard: visit the ‘whiteboard’ to view scores of yourself and fellow members from current or previous days. A great way to see how others are doing and what comments they had.
- Leader board: view ‘leader board’ for top PRs and scores for lifts, benchmark workouts, etc.
Enter you performance right at the kiosk, front desk, smart phone or when you get home. We’d love to see your progress and comments. Even better, we’d like to know your goals! Let your coach know next time you’re in or drop us an email.