- Next On-Ramp starts Dec. 6th
Welcoming everyone from the November On-Ramp into regular classes this week! Next On-Ramp starts Tuesday, Dec. 6th and still has spots available. Check it out, why not?
- CFC Xmas Party
SAVE THE DATE: Saturday, December 17th – The CFC Xmas Party. Good times will be had! Details at the gym or on FB.
- FrostFit 2017 Regestration is open!
FrostFit is Manitoba’s biggest crossfit competition, hosted by CrossFit Winnipeg mid-January, with team divisions in RX and non-RX. So grab a partner and check out their website and/or facebook event page for more info.
Week of November 27
Monday: Hang Snatch, double metcon
Tuesday: Shoulder press, row & sit up (TTB) chipper
Wednesday: Power clean + Jerk, 12min AMRAP triplet
BB Club 09: 3 position snatch complex, Front squats + accessory work
Thursday: Front Squat, EMOTM, decreasing work/rest ratio
Friday: Push Press, AMRAP repeats!
Saturday: Back Squat, chipper
Sunday: BB Club + Open Gym 10-11am – come in for skill work or make up a workout you missed this week. Let’s have some fun!
BB Club 10: Hang snatch, snatch pull, back squats + accessory work
- Now scheduling for our next on-ramp, spread the word!
Fun Features in WODIFY
- Athlete Performance: Enter your results in ‘Athlete Performance’ and track your progress, percentages, etc.
- Whiteboard: visit the ‘whiteboard’ to view scores of yourself and fellow members from current or previous days. A great way to see how others are doing and what comments they had.
- Leader board: view ‘leader board’ for top PRs and scores for lifts, benchmark workouts, etc.
Enter you performance right at the kiosk, front desk, smart phone or when you get home. We’d love to see your progress and comments. Even better, we’d like to know your goals! Let your coach know next time you’re in or drop us an email.
The Mobility Project
- Our goal is to help you move better – safer, more efficiently and more effectively – both the gym and out in real life. With that in mind, we are undertaking a new initiative the takes warm-ups, movement preparation and post-workout pre-hab to the next level. Along with daily warm-ups and mobility drills along with some post-workout work and a weekly mobility/modality target area and progressive work.
- “these exercises are designed to get the correct muscles and positions primed to produce efficient and safe movement patterns, take your time with them, discuss them with your coach and do them as high quality as possible to reap as much benefit as you can from these simple yet ever so effective movements” – Coach Matt